Thursday, April 9, 2009

It Ain't Easy Being Green... or Red

In the past couple of months the WoW blogging community has lost two prolific bloggers to World of RL: Resto4Life and BigRedKitty and while this post isn't a tear filled sappy ode to either, I'd like to give a nod to the two for helping establish part of the online community.

I can't say that either of the two were the reason why I started my blog, but I do highly respect what they've been able to create and maintain for such a long period. Any serious blogger will tell you that it's incredibly difficult to continuously post relevant articles that are well written and well researched. It's definitely a labor of love for someone to make graphics, record videos, do theorycrafting math, et al, just for the sake of their blog readers.

Personally, I don't think I'm ready to jump into that level of commitment with this blog as I'm too incredibly lazy to create graphics or record videos, but I'll use my grade school honed grammar skills and the blogspot spellchecker to make sure everything is quite readable, because at the very least, it still hurts my eyes to read a bunch of crappily written drivel (It's why I don't read the official WoW forums).

So, /cheers to Phaelia and Mr. Howell and all the other bloggers who have come and gone who helped establish a pretty incredible online community.

No comments: