Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Saving Grace

I've been playing the Priest more and more and enjoying the versatility that the class brings as compared to the Druid. I'm still rocking the cow every now and then, but I think it's more for sentimental reasons than actual enjoyment. I am probably still going to go after that "What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been" meta achievement on the Druid since I've already slaved away for Elder and The Love Fool titles, but that's more of a matter of time than anything else.

I digress.

As I'm going through and learning the in's and out's of PvP with this class, the absolute hardest thing I find is managing my global cooldowns while paying attention to my positioning AND making sure I'm understanding the flow of the match. I find that my GCD can't come back up fast enough and I'm either always missing some key ability, out of position, or just a fraction of a second too slow.

To that end, I've made a few macros that have saved me from going crazy. If there's anything that's saved me a few seconds it's macroing important defensive abilities to auto target myself or my partner. It's to the point that I have all of my Character macro's filled up and I'm starting to edge into the General Macro slots. I've even pulled my Shadow macros (Silence, Focus Silence) to ensure that I have enough slots.

It's really helped a ton.

Don't know where to get good macros? www.arenajunkies.com and www.elitistjerks.com are two good resources. There are also a ton of 'how to make a macro' guides on the WoW forums... if you can stand them.

3 other quick points:

1: Beating DK/Paladin is so satisfying
2: Get a mod like Spell Alerter or Miks or Power Auras and make a big ass warning show up whenever Divine Shield has been used. It's great for popping bubbles wherever you go!
3: Anyone else's raiding guild going through a slow time? 3.1 can't get here fast enough imo.

No comments: